An LGBTQ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are at stake.
We recognize that there’s always something more to learn, and remain open to deepening our understanding about the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.
Please follow this link for basic definitions about gender identity.
Crawford Area LGBTQ+ Support group
A support group for LGBTQ citizens, their parents and allies was formed three years ago in Meadville and has been meeting at Stone Methodist Church. The group recently moved to the UU church, meeting on the third Tuesday each month from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. All persons interested in supporting the LGBTQ community are welcome to attend for discussion, snacks and fun. We are hoping to walk in the Halloween Parade this year, support for this endeavor is welcome. Remaining Fall meeting schedule: November 14 and December 12. If you have any questions please contact Deb Lehman, email@example.com. For more information please visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/